Google Glasses in NY Subway

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by MX, Jan 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sergey Brin spotted in the NY subway wearing prototype "augmented reality" glasses --
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...ses-york-subway-203804338--abc-news-tech.html

sobore and uggboy like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    What better place to augment reality than the NY subway? :)

MX likes this.
  3. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I first saw prototypes of these sorta glasses back in '06 or '07. Cant wait for them to come out.

viguera likes this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This could be cool if one can walk around and get your twitter feed right in the glasses! ;)

viguera likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    And run into a pole or fall down a manhole... :)

I think the world is different today from 5-6 years ago... nowadays everyone is walking around doing the "smartphone hunch" looking at their phone and not minding where they're going. Or worse, walking in public while doing this, then suddenly stopping -- I love to give those people a good "body check" when they try that in the middle of rush hour.

Glass, while less obtrusive, is going to make things exponentially worse, because all these people will now have access to a bunch of information right in front of their face. You don't have to take out your phone so it's more convenient, but at the same time it's also more disruptive.

And I hate the fact that I had every intention of going to IO last year but couldn't make it.

MX likes this.