Google Flights

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by mowogo, Sep 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure if anybody has seen this yet, but Google has their own flight search engine up, using technology by ITA. I tried it out for looking at my upcoming trip to LAX, and the results it turns up are actually really good. It presents some options that don't normally come up when doing the basic airline search, like flying ATL-LAX via IAD and CLE. While of course we can get crazier routings by calling and manually constructing the fare, but this is a pretty solid search for general use. Here is the announcement: http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/2011/09/early-look-at-our-flight-search-feature.html

And you can get to it at http://www.google.com/flights/

2. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Google is rolling out slowly...guessing they don't want to crash their system....so the icon is not on everyone's screen. Here is the direct link www.google.com/flights.

Also, currently only supports domestic flights. I tried searching for LAX-JFK-MXP-JFK-LAX and it returned the following message - "Sorry, locations outside the U.S. are currently not supported."

3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    It'll be interesting to see how this product evolves. As for now, not that useful as I am more interested in International searches.

4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    International would be perfect, but since they are really launching a whole new interface, I'd rather them take it slow to make sure it works instead of acting like Delta and their award calendar ;)

rwoman likes this.
  5. rdraper

rdraper Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like the visual showing fares across the country from your destination. Helps identify cheap destinations. Also has a good visual to look for cheaper fares on different dates.

6. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    ACY doesn't seem to work for Google Flights...

8. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points: