Google Flights changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by TravelBear, Apr 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    It used to be I could put dates into GF and search over a period of time just by hitting the forward arrow on the departure date and the return date would move forward as well. Now when I hit the forward arrow the departure date doesn't change. It was great to be able to put in a range then search for flights in that range. Now it seems I have to change both! This slows down things significantly. Specifically I am talking about the map function where you could put in a departure city and a date range then just hit the forward button and look at the whole map change.

Am I missing something?

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe try http://www.google.com/flights/explore/ ? You lose the map but gain the "trips of this length" capability. I suspect that for everyone looking for a specific trip duration, there may have been more where either the outbound or return were fixed who objected to the old way.

TravelBear likes this.
  3. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I just preferred having the whole map so I could see more options as I am always open to where I might go next.

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can give pretty broad criteria to explore, but the interface is not as visual for sure!