Goodbye LGA US Club

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by JetsettingEric, Mar 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although expected, it's a sad change. The current US Airways club is becoming a Delta Sky Club on March 25th. I'm going to be flying through on Saturday for one last farewell drink in the club. If anyone needs guest access or wants to join a few farewell drinks - please PM me.

A new club at New York (LaGuardia)…coming soon

You’ll notice some changes at LaGuardia this spring. We're building a new club in Terminal C that will be open and ready for business in late 2012. And, Delta will be moving into our existing club space on March 25, 2012.

Here's what to expect during the transition:

• On March 25, the US Airways Club will become a Delta Sky Club. As a club member, you'll be able to visit the Delta Sky Club until it closes for remodeling on April 8.
    • Between April 8 and July 10, the Delta Sky Club will be closed and there will be no club access.
    • When the Delta Sky Club reopens, you’ll be able to visit it until our new club is finished in late 2012.
    We appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy all the improvements and upgrades to our clubs.

See more club news and offers [​IMG]

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sad?, it sounds good to me, US is going to get a brand new club and they'll let you use the DL club until it opens...

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    And seriously, good riddance, that was one of the most run down places in any airport in the US. The floor was disgusting and stained, the chairs were disgusting,stained, and ripped. The place needs to be bombed not just renovated...

mht_flyer and Dreamworks like this.
  4. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, though, that they did not plan the construction to allow for a seamless switchover.

5. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It's too bad that the construction scheduled wasn't timed right. It would be nice to allow us to use the DL shuttle bus to their club in the Delta terminal in the meantime.. I guess we could still use the UA club landside in the central terminal.

I wouldn't call the US LGA club as one of the most run down places of any airport. LGA as a whole is pretty run down, but people accept it because it's so convenient. The US Terminal was underused and comparatively modern and nice touches like Bloomberg terminals were appreciated.

It's still a much nicer place to relax than in the windowless concourse that Air Canada uses, or the dump that UA flies out of in LGA. No airside club for those flights either. AA's club in D doesn't help if you're flying out of C. And don't get me started on the Marine Air Terminal for the Delta Shuttle flights.

LGA clubs in general carry the dumpy feeling - take a look at the CO and UA clubs to find remnants of the former carriers that operated the club.

Nevertheless - I've had many great experiences in the club. The rips don't matter as much after you'd had your sixth or seventh bud light while waiting for a delay to sit out. Those stains that you mention are probably from a drink i've spilled over time. I'm looking forward to one last visit next week to recount all those great trips that started from the LGA club - and to take one last picture of the US 1549 plaque that they have up.

6. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Before the new US club opens, I hope DL will allow access to Amex Plat card holders flying US.

Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

7. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Duplicate

8. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

Status Points:
    re: Amex access, i hope so as well, but i think it's remote.

Also - i think the Delta temporary access is only for US club members, no RCC/PC/United Club Members or AC MLL Members.

9. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Delta signs up all over "Terminal C" (sad not to call it the US Airways Terminal) - some hidden behind temporary US Airways Shuttle signs.

Miracle over the hudson plaque already taken off.

Watching them cart off the Plants in the club as we speak. Not in great shape, hopefully not going to keep them.

They've already taken away all the phones. They're all clustered together in a conference room.

All the magazines are gone as well.

Bar is empty.. but at least they're still serving free beer.

They've carted away the breakfast muffins at 12:30 - doubtful if they're going to serve their usual chips and plastic wrap apples. Maybe i should take the McDonalds in the conference room.

Very limited use of the shuttle gates - CLT and PIT flights are leaving from the main part of the gate. Ramp equipment already cleared from a lot of US gates.

desamo likes this.