Goodbye Hawaiian

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by Dr Benjamin Pittman, Feb 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Dr Benjamin Pittman

Dr Benjamin Pittman Member

Status Points:
    Although I was Pualani Platinum for two years and found it easy to use accrued points on Hawaiian, I never once was able to use the upgrade certificates issued in spite of many attempts. I did raise the issue with the airline but it went nowhere other than creating a bit of noise. It was obvious that the routes I typically flew were too busy and booked and there was never a chance to use my certificates. So, as part of an overall disappointment (I had a couple of trips HNL-SYD in Business/First where I had a faulty tray or seat and a few clapped out planes) I gave up, used my points and will never fly them again. I wonder if others have had these experiences of apparently - in spite of the hype and smoke and mirrors - not being appreciated?

2. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think all of us at some point feel the same way with any given airline.

3. Dr Benjamin Pittman

Status Points:
    Thanks foxberg! All the more reason in my book to focus on a few airlines where Elite status actually means something and one and one's business is appreciated!

foxberg likes this.
  4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Look at your prospected flights and see which airline could be the least expensive and could bring you the most benefits.

MSYgirl likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which one is that in your case?

LETTERBOY, MSYgirl and foxberg like this.
  6. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    The grass is always greener...

Jhonsonsmith12, LETTERBOY and MSYgirl like this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not in California. We have a drought.

8. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you'll find people making the same complaints about any airline, no matter which one you choose. Peoples' experiences are not always (or even most of the time) going to coincide.

9. Dr Benjamin Pittman

Status Points:
    Air New Zealand Airports is simple because Airpoints dollars can be just used like currency and there are no blackout periods. Also, I am a Koru Club member so that's an added advantage with Air New Zealand whose overall quality and service I like a lot. I tend to fly Etihad, Air Berlin and Emirates who really make one feel appreciated and valued. Etihad does code shares with Air New Zealand. Air Berlin is in the Etihad stable but is also oneworld. Emirates code shares with Qantas (oneworld) and although I am a Life Member of Qantas Club, I don't like Qantas service, fees and general quality so avoid them. Jetstar (Qantas subsidiary) is diabolically bad.