Good service from DL

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Dec 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I showed up at LHR yesterday (from SIN, on the SQ380). I went straight over to T4 and talked with the DL agents about retiming my flight today. I didn't want to have to get up at 5am to make my way to LHR for the 0940 departure. Within five minutes she offered me the choice of the two later flights. I opted for DL2, giving me maximum time. Although she could not check me in, she printed the reservation confirmation.

Armed with this, I showed up around 130pm today and checked in with no problems. Changed my seat to one nearer the front, no problems.

If only SM-related service and product could be this effective! Take home from this, not unexpectedly, is that DL can fix things when it wants to... those notorious and misnamed "glitches" don't disrupt service for paid C pax.....

I see AM has come to LHR AM is a great redemption option on the 772 anyway, and has a nice J service.

The ST lounge was OK except those tables at the back of the lounge are too close together to allow easy access for all.

Headed to the gate and the 764. The lead FA welcomed me on board - without reference to my MM status, although she did acknowledge the guy behind me for his.....come along now, we're flying paid C, whether from RGN or no, :) and we should receive consistent treatment.

The younger male FA was courteous and helpful.
    SQ showed me consistent treatment with all their other paid C pax....

Jeff got some karma. I promptly fell asleep and missed dinner, thankfully the FAs did not try to wake me. I didn't drink anything onboard either, since I was feeling the after-effects of my hangout with my old buddy...so the marginal cost of my carriage was quite low.

I missed dinner but I woke up for the prearrival snack. The chicken sandwich was good...but... the tabs on top of the salt and pepper should be oriented such that pax don't have to remove the little cellars and rotate them to pull the tabs off. A small touch, perhaps, but you can bet SQ thinks of these things and if DL wants to position BE more upmarket, it should pay attention to these details.

I must also observe...very few NRSA on this flight, at least in BE.

sobore, rwoman and jbcarioca like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always prefer upstairs at the T4 lounge...tends to be less crowded. I'll see it tomorrow!

:)

3. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it April 1st already? :confused:

David

redtailshark likes this.
  4. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah, but DL are providing good service in other ways. The stock price has recovered to the point that I'm in the black, finally... Jeff has given it to the entitled DM whiners sufficiently :cool:

Also, bear in mind I am not attempting to use SM - that's where things inevitably blow up with DL, as you well know.

DiverDave likes this.
  5. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, but SkyMiles are so easy to use. :)

You can erase 635K of them with merely one award trip! :eek:

David

redtailshark likes this.