Good problem resolution at Hertz MIA

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by jbcarioca, Apr 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I returned a car to MIA today that used a half tank of fuel to go 87 miles. I did not refuel. Without comment the checkin agent did not charge me for fuel, saying "no car should do that" after I commented he'd not charged for fuel.

Not a big deal but I thought it was worth a positive post. After all, I freely post complaints.

2. Trout Fishing in America
    Original Member

Trout Fishing in America Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've not needed to rent too many cars, but when I do-- It seems like I never have a middle-of-the-road car renting experience. With that said, I think that I have had more overwhelmingly positive experiences with Hertz than with any other company... and with that said, I've had at least one awful Hertz experience.

Either way, I love reading about positive travel experiences. It makes me much more confident in my own travels.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    I did a o/w rental from LGB to SNA. After driving 3 miles to home, the gauge moved from F. :(

I bought gas near SNA & it took 3 gallons to go 27 miles. It was a Toyota Corolla so it should use 0.75 gal. Showed receipts & got all but $2 refunded.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It is rare to get a car which is actually full. I had two rentals this week and both were just a bit under full. Thing is I always return them at full or with some extra after the click.

jbcarioca likes this.