Good oneway premium fares across the Pacific?

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by SQguy, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi,

are there any good oneway fares in C or F in either direction across the Pacific? Especially between the USA West coast and SIN/BKK/HKG/NRT (to combine with a oneway award USA-Europe-Asia).

Preferably with *A of course, but other decent airlines would work too.

Thanks!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you willing to include the Canadian west coast in your N. America routings? If so, Manila might be a shining star.

Eorpa, sithlord and kiwi like this.
  3. I'd be curious about this for flights to/from Australia across the Pacific, but generally I've found the one-way tickets are insanely poor value compared to return fares, often the one-way costs more than the return does!

4. there are a few left, but I doubt anyones gonna post them..all the ones that we're posted have been removed.
    Why would I have my cheap Biz class fare home from Asia cancelled?

sithlord likes this.
  5. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    Expertflyer and Kvs are great tools for searching and of course Wandering Aramean has some great search references on his website as well.[​IMG]

kiwi likes this.
  6. Usually it is easier to find good prices for premium classes Asia-US than the other way around. Try www.zuji.com.BKK, TPE and MNL come to mind as good starting points.

7. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Air Pacific had a good USD1500 LAX-NAN-AKL one-way fare last Nov. It's old-style recliners J, and I think there's a connection to HKG from NAN. Booking on the phone with Air Pacific also enables a Fiji stopover for a few bucks.

8. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    They also have great fares in business ex-NAN, or by combining 2 separate fares ex-Australia/NZ.

Of course Air Pacific is not *A.

9. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    But (as a recent post of mine in the NZ forum asked) I understand from NZ that you can earn Airpoints on it for the LAX-NAN leg, although it may be that earning is restricted to tickets on the NZ flight number codeshare.

10. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is restricted to just that one flight, and only for crediting to Airpoints (ie useless for anyone else). It is a relic from NZ's withdrawal from the LAX-NAN, LAX-PPT, PPT-RAR and RAR-NAN routes.