Good news- T5 Baggage system being replaced

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Speedbird 001, Jan 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi,

My sources tell me that the T5 baggage system is to replaced. BA have had enough of their current supplier, after the the T5 opening shambles.

So a new system will be in place, which hopefully will work better than the last one.

Expect to see the same system in T3 as well

Primula, rwoman and jbcarioca like this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    What good news! People keep telling me how wonderful the T5 system is (serious BA apologists and vendors for the baggage system) but all those weight sensores don't work, and the offloading is substandard. Not too much to recommend it, IMO.

rwoman likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great!! Although my experience with baggage in T5 has been decent and T3 has been very punctual!

:)

4. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    In recent statistics on baggage handling BA is much improved, I believed that T5 BHS had a role in this. Was I wrong ?

5. oscietra
    Original Member

oscietra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Totally incorrect.

The T5 baggage system is one of the most advanced in the world, and is most certainly not yet in need of replacement.

FlyIce likes this.
  6. The software that runs the system is not the most advanced in the world. BA have had enough of it. And are also keen for T3 to adopt the same system.

7. oscietra
    Original Member

oscietra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah! The software is being changed.

When you said system I thought you meant the hardware.

EZEIZA likes this.
  8. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been quite impressed by baggage arrivals. I've found that from the B/C gates, the baggage beats me (and i get through immigration quickly via IRIS). Considering the size of the airport, 15 mins gate-to-curb (with checked baggage) is pretty good.