Good Luck to United this Weekend: March 3 Integration

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by eagle92, Mar 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. eagle92

eagle92 Silver Member

Status Points:

As one who works closely with IT Professionals and organizations I want to send out a wish of good luck to all those United employees who have put in months of hard work for the final switchover this weekend.

Best of luck to you all...and to those of you traveling within the first few days of the switchover (including myself) let's all take a deep breath and relax. Expect the unexpected and just go with the flow. It will make it easier for everyone; the frequent flyers such as ourselves, the frontline United employees, the kettles [​IMG], etc...

bonnerbl and mht_flyer like this.
  2. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. I just received this email from United:

We look forward to welcoming you aboard United for your flight this weekend.

Please note that on March 3, United and Continental will be integrating our reservations systems.

Below are some tips to ensure a smooth travel experience during this period:

- Online check-in will be available until 1am U.S. Central Time on March 3. At that point, there will be a scheduled system outage lasting approximately 3-4 hours, and we will be unable to serve you online or over the phone during that time.

- If you are unable to print your boarding pass in advance, or if you have bags to check, please allow extra time at the airport. Additional staff will be available at the airport to assist you.

- Effective March 3, all flights that were scheduled to operate as Continental Airlines (CO) will be operating as United Airlines (UA). Be sure to check united.com or monitors at the airport for correct terminal and gate information.

For more details, please visit us at unitedhub.com.

Thank you for your patience as we take this important step to deliver you a better travel experience.

TAHKUCT and mht_flyer like this.
  3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying on Saturday, no email like this.. yet.

Should be a interesting weekend.

4. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:

Flying CO or UA?

I think the risk is higher for those of us flying UA.

genemk2 likes this.
  5. sfogate
    Original Member

sfogate Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe the computer systems have been running concurrently for a few weeks. I have already seen alot of inside changes on our side. I'll be part of the change over Saturday and am looking forward to this move of one computer system. Not looking forward to the Continental name being sent into history.:(

genemk2 likes this.
  6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I guess that is true, will be flying on CO metal this week end.

Good luck in your travels though, hopefully no big issues arise.

7. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good luck this weekend. Hopefully things goes smoothly.

8. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I'm hoping for enough problems to get compensated, but not too many problems that it'll really mess up the trip. ;)

9. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    But remember compensation under COdbaUA is bupkes