Good J award options West Coast to HKG with Skymiles?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by ballardFlyer, Sep 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looking for 1 award tx for addtl relative for thanksgiving week trip using Skymiles.

DL is 200-280k pesos in J of course. I've tried all of KEs west coast gateways and they are not available. Also, my relative is able to make any major west coast gateway work via extra AS miles if needed.

Going TATL to HKG on KL or AF seems punishing when departing from west coast esp for a shortish leisure trip for a non-mileage junkie like him.

Any other obscure DL partners with decent J TPAC service I'm not thinking of? Vietnam, China Airlines, China Southern or China Eastern? All sound meh at best, but do you feel otherwise . Considered VA through SYD, but it is 30k more expensive and seems excessive too.

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    CZ on the new A380.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    This would be my thought, too. Fully flat seat, A380 cool factor, and apparently decent service. I'd also call a couple more times to double check on KE inventory. Given it's Thanksgiving, it might all be gone, but I've had an agent tell me there was no space, called back five minutes later and got a different agent, and magically there was space again. Also, it's generally helpful to ask them to check KE flights by giving them the flight number to check. The more information you spoon feed the agents, the more likely they are to find you something.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  4. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    CZ on A380 does look promising. Thanks for the idea from both of you!

ryandc99 likes this.