Good in mathematics?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Dec 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stay 10 Nights, Get 15,000, plus earn an additional 5,000 points for every 5 nights after - Code 3415
    Stay 15 Nights, Get 20,000, plus earn an additional 5,000 points for every 5 nights after - Code 3416
    According to me, it seems better to sign for the first promotion, no?
    Taking less risks, we finally receive the same amount of points.

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    At 20 nights it's a wash --- I don't think this is a math error though, somebody just doesn't know how to tipe.

<lol>

DTWBOB

tarheelblue and uggboy like this.
  3. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did 3414: Stay 5 nights get 10K, 5K for every 5 nights after.

tarheelblue likes this.
  4. +1

5. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    IHG's "Stay X nights, Get Y Points" often has variations that defy logic. Last quarter 2012 they had:
    Stay 7 Nights, Get 10,000 - Code 5504
    Stay 8 Nights, Get 10,000 - Code 5505
    Stay 10 Nights, Get 10,000 - Code 5506

Rosalia and sobore like this.
  6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have seen a few of these oddities in the past from IHG. Still not sure what to make of it. :confused:

Rosalia and tarheelblue like this.
  7. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    They are probably targeting variations depending on the recipient's history with IHG. If you usually stay 5-6 nights, maybe they send you the 7-night offer, but if you usually stay 6-7, maybe they send you the 8-night offer, all in an effort to get you to increase your number of stays. However, as long as boards like this one and FT exist, and people are sharing information about codes that can be used by anyone, it seems to be a flawed marketing tool, IMHO. Of course, this is IHG and Priority Club, so perhaps they simply don't know how to add. :D

sobore likes this.
  8. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree, anyone in the know which is most people with internet access can compare the offers. This could create a negative experience for IHG as folks discover the better offers and ask, why not me?

Rosalia and tarheelblue like this.
  9. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I think that the folks who discover the better offers are just going to take advantage of them, so it doesn't really matter what their original offer was. The users of these boards are still in the minority of program participants nationwide/worldwide, and I think most people will just accept whatever offer they are given, never knowing there was a better one out there. I recently was at a conference with colleagues from around the country, and they were stunned to find out how easy it was to locate and use promotions & partner offers (not just for PC) that allowed them to earn thousands of extra points in their various hotel & airline accounts.

guinnessxyz, Rosalia and sobore like this.
  10. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, I registered to 10=15K points before I hear about 5=10k points.
    Just hope to be able to reach this number.