Good Deal Premium Fares 2012 Edition

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by chitownflyer, Jan 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought this would be a good place and thread to post good deal premium fares available on United & Star carriers that currently exist or become offered at a later date. Happy travels.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm "watching" this thread!

3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will watch this thread, too, but isn't there normally one in the mileage run area? All *A good-deal premium fares, whether competitive matches, special promotions or mistakes are of interest. I got to visit IST and experience TK this way...

4. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Let's share knowledge and help each other find good deals and travel better.

I will start by posting this special offer from Lufthansa which is good also on Star carriers like United. There are Easter Business class specials to Europe starting at around $2500 for travel April 1 to April 13, 2012, and tickets must be issued by February 13, 2012. These are not the best deals I have seen, but they are better than full fare busines and book into Z class. The offer can be found here. http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/us/specials/booking?nodeid=2009503

5. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Seacarl, where is this type of thread on Milepoint? I figured it would be good to start a thread here specific to UA & Star carriers.

6. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe there is also a First Class variant at around $4500. Which could be of interest if you want to visit the LH FCT in FRA

7. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if I've found it on MP but it is surely there on FT as a thread within the MR forum

8. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I follow this on the other board as well, but I think it is useful for us to have more than one resource. I am disappointed that FareCompare removed the YUP fare listings: these were great for finding good deal international premium fares.

9. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    FareCompare used to have a premium fare search feature which was great if you were looking for an international trip and were open where to go but wanted to travel in comfort at a good CPM. No idea why they removed it but its gone too.