GoMiles acquired by Traxo!

Discussion in 'GoMiles' started by Wandering Aramean, Sep 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Raises an interesting (to me) question: were users of GoMiles asked if they wanted their account credentials transferred to another entity? Let's say I trusted GoMiles because they had your mug on their "About" page and then they essentially sell that info to someone else I don't know anything about - is that okay? Presumably there was something allowing for this in the fine print of the T&Cs when people signed up for GoMiles?

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't asked so I'm assuming others weren't either. I'm guessing the fine print permits it (and that's a lot of what Traxo was buying if I had to bet). The good news is that deactivating an account from Traxo isn't too hard.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few years ago, UA offered EQMs for people emailing in competitors' account statements. Not sure what Traxo paid for the accounts, but there's certainly value in this data, especially if you could, say, tie it to your own customer data. Just saying.