Gold Status with 0 flights

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by Falcon View, May 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Falcon View
    Original Member

Falcon View Silver Member

Status Points:
    I made NO flights with Flying Blue last year, but maintained Gold status. I thought maybe the web site had not updated, but I even received new Gold luggage tags and card. Has anyone else noticed anything similar with their accounts?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    They probably gave you another year as a gift for loyalty and hope that it will encourage you to fly more this year. A quick phone call to FB would probably give you all your answers.

3. Richard1148

Richard1148 Active Member

Status Points:
    I disagree with Simon about phoning FB. I never call the airline or hotel if there seems to be an error in my favor.

Chimpy likes this.
  4. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Depends how dedicated you are to find the answer. FB offers softlandings/gifting same year of same status sometimes but they normally say "invited gold" not just gold. Does it say this?

5. Falcon View
    Original Member

Falcon View Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope, just says 'Gold.' I'm not inclined to call, especialy since I don't see a Flying Blue flight in the forseeable future. I used to fly to Africa frequently, and Air France was a really good fit. Now I fly mainly to the Middle East and Europe and have switched my travel to One World. I was just curious about having the same level of status renewed with no activity. I remembered reading a lot of negative posts about the changes to Flying Blue, and I wondered if they had seen a noticeable drop in FB activity. I thought perhaps this may had been an attempt to lure business back, but I guess it's just a glitch in their system....

6. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't call the airline if I were you.. Just take it as it is and keep it low!