Gold Delta SkyMiles CC Offer

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by PHLFlyer, Apr 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. PHLFlyer

PHLFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone, cross posting this here in addition to general CC forum:

I received in the mail an offer for the Gold Delta SkyMiles CC from American Express, and I wanted to get your opinion on it. The offer is for 50k miles after 1k spend in 3 months, with $95 fee waived the first year. I was doing a little bit of searching, and it seems like the highest bonus for this particular card is anywhere from 30k-45k miles (with anywhere from $500 spend in 3 months to 5k spend in 6 months).

I don't really fly Delta all that often, but I'm thinking it could be good to pick up the bonus and then cancel or see about retention bonuses. I'd really appreciate any comments you might have, and feel free to ask me any questions that you might think important. Thanks in advance!

2. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sure. As a former DL Plat AX cardholder I can say that....
    Just like DL SM, this offer is [​IMG]best in class [​IMG]

3. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish I'd get that offer!

4. PHLFlyer

PHLFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies! So you think that even though I'm not doing a ton of flying (or much flying at all) with Delta, it is still likely worth it from a points standpoint? Thanks again for the help!