*gold - any chance for two guests admitted to lounge

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by dc1956, Feb 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dc1956

dc1956 Silver Member

Status Points:
    traveling with two companions shortly on THY - ORD-IST-IZM-NBO-IST-ATH-IST-ORD. Needless to say the lounge at IST will be a real treat. That said, what do you suppose my chances are for getting two friends admitted with me?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    THY? Do you mean TK? Also, what class of service?

3. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    THY or Türk Hava Yolları is indeed TK.

Assuming you are flying economy since you are asking about getting two guests with you, the chances of you getting 2 guests into the lounge are very slim as the rules are very clear about having only one guest. But then again, you never know as that can depend on the person at the lounge. If you are talking about a wife and a kid then more than likely they will be admitting you and them with a smile. Not sure how two friends would be treated though.

4. ElCheapo

ElCheapo New Member

Status Points:
    Chances are slim, but I have managed to get two friends in. Ask politely, and if the lounge is quiet you might get lucky.

If you have two EB cards, for instance MC and AmEx: Send friend #1 first with one of the cards, then use the other card and bring friend #2 with you.

5. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have done it before - but it is not allowed by the rules. If you are nice enough, it might work - but do not expect it.