GOL or TAM?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | South America' started by sma_15, Aug 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be travelling within the northern states of Brazil and I did not know if anyone had any suggestions between GOL and TAM (other than were I want to earn miles)

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Domestically the chief difference is the miles you want to get. Domestic flights are almost all all-economy anyway and both fleets are modern. GOL is mostly Boeing while TAM is mostly Airbus on domestic routes. Prices are not materially different for the most part.

Your avatar suggests you are a OW fan. GOL flights accumulate AA miles. TAM is a member of *A.

Lounges are another consideration but none of those in that part fo the country are very special IMO and the airports are mostly uncongested and easy to get around so that would not be a factor for me.

OY-JFS and Eloy Fonseca Neto like this.
  3. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definately GOL

They are having a big volume of promotions and you still get AA miles!!!

OY-JFS and jbcarioca like this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be my personal choice were I AA-centric too. The prices at the moment look good with all those promotions also, as you say.

OY-JFS and Eloy Fonseca Neto like this.
  5. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks

jbcarioca and OY-JFS like this.
  6. flyer_o

flyer_o Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bought a GOL flight pass for my New Years trip to Brazil, flights were just fine, reminded me of Vueling. Was able to earn miles w/ DL or AA. No status recognition, but no need considering the all Y cabin and the ease of e-checkin.

jbcarioca likes this.