GOL applies to fly GRU-CCS-MIA

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | South America' started by harvson3, Mar 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This bit of news just showed up in my inbox.

GOL Applies to Operate São Paulo-Caracas-Miami Service

by STAFF on MARCH 14, 2012

Brazilian carrier GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A., the largest low-cost carrier in Latin America, has applied to the Brazilian Civil Aviation Agency (known as Anac) to operate scheduled services linking Brazil, Venezuela and the United States.
    GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes plans to offer five-times-weekly service from São Paulo Guarulhos International Airport (IATA code GRU) to Simón Bolívar International Airport (CCS) in Maiquetía, near Caracas. The flight would continue on to Miami International Airport (MIA).

2. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting route. Personally, I wouldn't be keen on such a trip on a 737...

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    For a long time Copa has had considerable success with routes from several Brazil cities to PTY and the connecting. They operate only 737. I have never quite had the inclination to try them.

OY-JFS and harvson3 like this.
  4. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My parents flew to meet me in MAO once on Copa, from PTY. They flew first class because it was, oddly, the cheapest option available. It sounded like the equivalent of domestic first class in the US: wider plush chairs and more legroom. They did comment that they enjoyed the fish.