Going to Norway from EWR-LHR-OSL on United and SAS

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by freebird, Mar 31, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able select seats on United flight between EWR-LHR, but I was unable to select seats on SAS flight between LHR-OSL. Do I have to call SAS to confirm seats?

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    in your manage your flights page, you should see your UA confirmation number.
    Below it should read.
    This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers.
    Using that additional confirmation numbers you should be able to call SAS; if its not listed (I know TG is not listed on my flights) you can call UA for those conf numbers

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or just call the operating carrier and give them your flight number and dates and they can figure it out. Calling UA in these cases is an extra step which usually doesn't add any value.

Also, many of the European carriers do not assign seats in advance for their intra-Europe flights.

edekba likes this.
  4. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never gotten seats from SAS in advance (specifically on this flight, in fact). I've gotten an exit row on check-in every time, though.