Going Green - $5 F+B Credit

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by luv2travel, May 9, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. luv2travel

luv2travel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't stayed at a Hyatt House in awhile, but this week I checked into one and I noticed the door hanger on the back reads:

"Make a Choice to Go Green

Go Green and get a $5.00 credit for Food and Beverage.

For each night you decline housekeeping services (except for day of departure and extended 30+ stays), you will receive a $5.00 credit to be applied towards Food and Beverage (excluding alcohol). To participate, just hang this card outside your door before 2am each day."

Tried it a few times and received cards under my door for the $5.00 credit. The door hanger does not disclose that the credit is NOT good at the Market for sodas, chips, etc...:mad: It is only good for the Hyatt food bar..."H Bar"...sandwiches, soups, etc.

Has anyone else encountered this at other Hyatt properties? If I get the check out survey, I'm going to suggest a point option. I would much rather take a few hundred Hyatt points instead of the $5.00 credit. :)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't seen it, but I would prefer points, too. Next week I will actually stay at a HH on "other people's money" (a rare business trip), so F&B is expensed. I'd still opt for no housekeeping but points would be more enticing.

luv2travel likes this.