Going from E75 to SE

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by sflanigan, Sep 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sflanigan

sflanigan Member

Status Points:
    Hi folks. New here.

If I am E75 and reclaiming that status is less than 75k AQM does that mean SE is attainable for less than 100k AQM?

guinnessxyz and YULtide like this.
  2. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to milepoint!

Not sure about E75 - but one of the "Select Privileges" you can choose is earlier qualification....I think you can only choose 'lower requalification level' for your existing level - if you were SE, you can choose 90 AQS or 95K AQM.

https://altitude.aircanada.com/static/pdf/2013Program_EN.pdf

Looks like, by the letter of the rules, the answer would be no....I'm sure if anyone has had a different experience, they will weigh in!

YULtide likes this.
  3. SensFan
    Original Member

SensFan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Slalom is correct. In the past the option was for a set number of status miles but this year they changed it to a reduced qualification level. AC Insider (or whatever he is called now) confirmed on FT that it would only apply to the level where you selected that option.

I guess AC didn't feel like ponying up a couple of bucks to Aeroplan to give some redeemable miles to its members so it choose this route. Seems petty but then every penny counts when you are trying to make it up to $50 million in savings.

YULtide likes this.
  4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you being influenced by those AC full page ads proclaiming the benefits of 100KSE in today's newspapers?

5. Welcome aboard. SE is attainable for 95K segments and 100K Q miles from where you are at.

6. Love those lieflats:D that I get upgraded to everytime

7. sflanigan

sflanigan Member

Status Points:
    What's a newspaper? :)

8. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Until you run out of eUpgrade credits...

I luv my 100% record of no-eUpgrade credits needed upgrades to F and J/C I get on AA and UA on NAmerican flights. Plus a very comfortable J seat using my 16 eVIPs from any fare across the oceans, and GE/TSAPreCheck uber fast tracks through US airports.

tcook052 likes this.
  9. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Obviously something AC believes its 100KSEs read each day.

10. sflanigan

sflanigan Member

Status Points:
    I hope to get a newspaper on an upcoming YVR to SYD if I can get my SE by Oct 15 and score an upgrade of my budget constrained ticket

11. I only have 82 left until Feb28 and will get another 24 at least before then

12. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And you luv (sic) trolling on the AC forum. :rolleyes:

guinnessxyz likes this.
  13. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not "trolling" this forum. I have been an AE member since day one and flown AC (and CP) for more than 15 years prior to that. I have been either Elite or SE since the elite tier program began, and even though AC refuses to recognize more than 1.5 million AC seat miles and another 800K CP seat miles, have flown almost as much as anyone around this community or FT. I hardly consider providing a comparative analysis to be "trolling". It is clear that AC's strategy this year has been to thoroughly devalue any elite tier under 100KSE in order to gut it but still make it look attractive. Just check out AC's full page and half-page newspaper ads this week. It's SE or nothing.

YULtide, mevlannen and tcook052 like this.
  14. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    "It's SE or nothing." Well, there's the money quote!

I'll say this about early requalification -- it removes one source of avoidable uncertainty!

The Lev, guinnessxyz and YULtide like this.
  15. +1