Going 10-abreast on 772 MCE

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Wandering Aramean, Oct 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    So...they're going to add a seat to the current MCE on the reconfigured 772s? This is the layout for future reconfigs? Or they're creating MCE on the old 772s by increasing pitch but keeping all the rest the same?

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It is unclear how many different 772 configs the company plans to keep in the end. But right now there will be the old config, the new (current) 2-cabin config, the new new (2-cabin) config with 10-across MCE, the new new new config (post-Zodiac) and the 77W. Just five different choices for the 777 when flying on AA. :eek:

zpaul likes this.
  4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Is this news? They announced the 289 seat 772 in June 2014. I guess I just assumed it was 10-abreast MCE since they couldn't add 37 coach seats (while increasing the number of MCE seats) just in the space gained by removing 8 business class seats.

Although looking back at my own post on this I didn't make this assumption explicit either (though I remember writing the post in the middle of a downpour in a parking lot off I95 in Florida).

zpaul likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, the part where I explicitly state that it has been long rumored and not a surprise suggests no. The part where there is a specific start date and route - two details which were unpublished until this morning - suggests yes IMO.

legalalien and zpaul like this.
  6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yes, December 20 Miami - Paris is definitely new information. 10-abreast MCE was understood, I thought, more than just rumored. But as I say going back I don't see where it was explicit so a good reminder for sure.

zpaul likes this.