Global Entry Renewal Denied...Advice Please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by volsmokey, Nov 12, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. volsmokey

volsmokey New Member

Status Points:
    Recently I had an interview to renew my Global Entry status. It appears they have removed my status due to some Cuban cigars being sent to me from somewhere in Europe being confiscated by U.S. Customs in 2016.

Any advice or help to get my Global Entry reinsated would be appreciated.

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Short of finding a way to scrub your record clean, there is little that you or anyone other than the folks at the US CBP can do about your predicament. You've got to make your case to the CBP for why they should consider reinstating your GE. A tough sell under the current paranoia on immigration...and to top that with "Cuba", even if the cigars were sent from Europe, makes the matter prohibitively worse.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    anileze likes this.
  3. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    Contact your local congressional office. They have liaisons reps with all the Fed agencies & they helped get my GE reinstated after it was yanked cause I truly forgot there was an orange in my bag

Sent from my A0001 using InsideFlyer mobile app

anileze likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you buy the cigars in Europe and send them to yourself in the USA or, at the other extreme, were they truly an unsolicitated surprise gift? If you weren't expecting them or were truly unaware of the Cuban origin and CBP confiscated them before you received the package, IMO it's different from your willfully sending yourself a package that you know contains prohibited items.

anileze and B1BomberVB like this.
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    No one other than the CBP can fix it. DO NOT try an get your congressman/woman or Senator involved !!! We live in strange times. Make a case yourself in person if possible.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    So at the expense of a few cigars and postage I can have someone’s Global Entry revoked? Interesting.

(and stupid)

anileze likes this.