Global Entry OK if Ticket Omits my First Name?

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Explore, Nov 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently I have no problem using TSA checkpoints with tickets issued in my middle and last names only (Passport and DL show all three names, while all my frequent traveler accounts and credit cards omit the first name).

AA appears to have successfully signed me up for TSA Pre-Check automatically, as an EXP. I used it a couple of times at ORD last Sunday. Again, the airline ticket omitted my first name.

I haven't yet signed up for Global Entry. Will I have a problem at the Global Entry kiosks if airline tickets continue to omit my first name? I won't be adding the first name because it's inconsistent with all my frequent traveler accounts and credit cards.

Thanks.....

2. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think name matters much, the system uses your passport and your fingerprints to recognize you.

3. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    While my scenario is different, since I omit my middle name from tickets and frequent flyer accounts, this has not been any problem for Global Entry. And in some cases, my travel agency has glued my first and middle name together and that did not cause a problem either.

As Switch says, I think that Global Entry retrieves your flight information based on your passport number that is transmited to DHS prior to flight arrival (or maybe combination of last name and passport number).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer