Global Entry: New way to mess up :)

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by FlyingBear, May 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    So my first experience with GE was not very successful: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/global-entry-first-use-fail.61272/#post-1932923

Today, going through Toronto portion, first machine simply refused to take a picture and timed out twice. Second machine got the picture, then timed out on fingerprints with 1:54 still on the clock and refused to read my passport again. Camera problem was surprising to security, but fingerprint portion apparently happens at times and they blamed server side.

But, at least I got to cut in front of a couple hundred people again, so all in all still serves the purpose!

legalalien, MSYgirl and gleff like this.
  2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    When applying they had trouble getting my spouse's fingerprints. They said attempts to use the kiosk will probably fail but it would still spit out a ticket to get you to the front of the line.

3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the end that is all that matters.

Counsellor likes this.
  4. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welp, two attempts and I don't know what a printed ticket looks like in my hand!

5. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've used it 25+ times now. Never any problems at all

6. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got my Global Entry today and had to do fingerprints 3 times to get them to take. Can't imagine what's going to happen at airport.

7. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    It can never read my fingerprints (guess I could have been a successful criminal), I have almost no ridges but their technology is woefully inadequate (eg a $300 netbook can recognize it but they can't, but I digress). Retinal imaging is much more accurate and WORKS, but it is apparently too advanced for them to use.
    So.... every time I get an X and have to talk to an agent...most are nice but sometimes you run into the *(_@idiots who don't know their job and took me to secondary b/c he was too dumb to look in the computer like every other agent had done the last 100 times and just stamp my GE form:rolleyes: