Global Entry first use fail

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by FlyingBear, Apr 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is just a short amusing story from my first attempt to use GE in Chicago yesterday.

I got the whole thing done in ~1 minute, happy as a clam, it prints out the receipt and... the thing rolls into some thin slot right below the printer and disappears!!! Apparently happens a lot once the roll is almost done, as the guy at the checkpoint was not at all surprised. Had to fill the form out after all, but at least there was no waiting in line. Fascinatingly silly issue to have and hopefully they will find a way to fix it.

2. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Better than me walking by the kiosks at MIA due to being on the wrong side of the swarm of people exiting my plane (and MIA had no major signage for them, other than something large on the ground right next to the kiosks which of course I couldn't see either through the swarm of people), before they moved the location of the kiosks shortly after my visit.

FlyingBear likes this.
  3. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My first time at ORD... I waited 5min to give the guy my receipt. Friend through regular immigration made it out faster due to the agent was talking with someone for a good 4min.

FlyingBear likes this.
  4. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should've seen the faces of people that had to wait to give their receipts because I was filling out my form. Confusion about having to wait and seeing someone with the darn form... probably thought they got the wrong line for a moment. On a side note, they have no available pens within reach, luckily I had my Bellroy wallet with built-in pen. :)

5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had same issue going through immigration at terminal E for connections at ATL...crazy.

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did this on Sunday and it wasn't really that seamless for Global Entry at all at Term E.

7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've had it seamless this year at ATL Term E and MSP, but I'm not surprised there are some initial glitches and fails that will need to get sorted out.