Gin Drinkers of the World Unite!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by Sean Colahan, May 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

?

What Is Your Favorite Brand of Gin

1. Beefeater

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tanqueray

33.3%
  3. Hendricks

50.0%
  4. Bombay (Sapphire)

16.7%
  5. Plymouth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gordon's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Micro-Distillery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems like Gin is a very popular liquor choice of many MP'ers (I'm looking at you Tommy777:) I figured it would be good to get a poll going to see what the preferred brands are amongst us. I personally am a Tanqueray fan and I also like trying micro distillery brands when I come across them. What are your favorites?

sobore likes this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    5 Styles of Gin

Gin’s roots reach back to 16th-century Holland, and the various types that have emerged since then are as different as the eras that produced them. From clear and bone-dry to honey colored, sweet, and fruity, these gins are hardly interchangeable when it comes to mixing drinks. Here’s a guide to the five styles currently available and the cocktails best suited to each one. http://www.saveur.com/article/Wine-and-Drink/5-Styles-of-Gin

TAHKUCT and Sean Colahan like this.
  3. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    My favorite is Hendrick's, but there is also a bottle of Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray No. 10 in case I want a variation to my Martini or G&T. My Martinis I prefer very dry - just gin and then think about the vermouth and the olives.

I case you are travelling through AMS (Schengen area), I can recommend the Oude Jenever selection at Bubbles Seafood & Wine Bar - perfect together with their herring and smoked salmon.

sobore and Sean Colahan like this.
  4. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for dropping the knowledge and enlightenment:)

sobore likes this.
  5. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never thought I liked gin until I discovered Hendrick's, although it is about the only one I really care for. I'll actually opt for it over vodka in many instances now, although I do still like my Grey Goose.

Sean Colahan and TAHKUCT like this.