GIG AC Staying Open till Jan 2013; GOL Smiles VIP Room Will Be Temp Lounge

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Dec 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The Admirals Club news section on AA.com was updated with the following information regarding the forced relocation of AA operations in GIG from T1 to T2:

GIG Admirals Club Relocates to Terminal 2
    In preparation for the 2016 Olympics, the Rio de Janeiro-Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport (GIG) is preparing to refurbish Terminal 1. All international carriers have been asked by the GIG Airport to relocate to Terminal 2.

Due to the busy holiday season, the closure of the GIG Admirals Club on December 17, 2012 and relocation to Terminal 2, as recently posted, has been postponed until January 2013. After the relocation, a temporary lounge will be available in Terminal 2 at the GOL-SMILES VIP ROOM. We plan to build a new permanent Admirals Club in 2013.

2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA does a much better job of disclosure than do other US carriers. Check out the news from DL as a case in point. Oops you cannot, they have not even informed employees.

perryplatypus likes this.
  3. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Brazilian Civil Authority revoked that order. Due to the High season and to avoid mass chaos the relocation will be only in late January. Don't have a link because the AA Agent told me that.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Why do we need another link when the link in my first post has that exact information? I think you misunderstood the post and you're assuming this is the old information from a few days ago.

jbcarioca likes this.