Gifted Gold

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jpvetter, Oct 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jpvetter

jpvetter Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

I am thinking of switching from AA to DL and have a friend who would be able to gift me GM. My question is, when would the status last to if I was gifted that now as opposed to after the first of the year?

gregm likes this.
  2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. jpvetter

jpvetter Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!

gregm likes this.
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're welcome. Just curious as to why you're thinking of making the switch?

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't depend on when the status is gifted but rather on which program year is the source of the GM gift. Your friend should look carefully at his/her choice benefits selection page on the website. The dates should be specified there.

icurhere2 likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not according to Delta.....Read the Terms and Conditions.
    Gifting Silver or Gold Medallion Status to a Companion: Gifted complimentary Medallion status will be effective within 2 weeks and membership credentials should arrive within 3 weeks. For selections made for 2013 Choice Benefits, companion status is good through February 28, 2014; for selections made for 2014 Choice Benefits, companion status is good through February 28, 2015.

KENNECTED likes this.
  8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is consistent with what I said: 2013 choice benefits mean that PM/DM was earned during 2012 and 2014 choice benefits mean that the status was earned during 2013. It doesn't depend on when the status is gifted provided that the gift is made before the expiration of the choice benefits. This is very different from your assertion above in post #2.

AMPfromBNA, icurhere2 and bigx0 like this.