Giftchain/VentePrivee Parlay.

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by Andyandy, Dec 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi folks,

Amex is offering a $20 statement credit for first time Vente-Privee purchases. Here's how to parlay this for the max return.

First: Register your card and any additional cards at the Amex Giftchain at https://giftchain.amexnetwork.com/

Second: Sign up at Vente-Privee at:
    http://secure.us.venteprivee.com/ExternalLinks/PSL.ashx?cypher=gDs2WR6KFIFsj8TS1xvbBQ==
    (full disclosure, that's my referral link I'd receive $20 Vente-Privee credit)

Third: refer your additional cardholders from your vent-privee account.

Fourth: Have additional cardholders make a purchase. You should get the $20 statement credit once for each card. Plus, you'll get a $20 vente-privee credit for each referral, plus you should get something from the GiftChain. For Vente-Privee the only GiftChain options are a $5 statement credit or a $25 Kiehl's gift certificate.

Andyandy

fewtreezy and wheat27 like this.
  2. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    The giftchain is an insane promotion. I maximized all four of my amex cards, spending a total of $1000. The spend went up a bit because I received some statement credits contingent upon me spending that much money at the store within the next month. See my attached spreadsheet and word doc. Note that I consolidated my toysrus gc's into one, then took them to the store to buy $350 worth of amazon kindle gift cards. Kindle gc's can be used towards amazon directly.

Attached Files:

Andyandy and iolaire like this.
  3. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    Andy, please note that having additional cardholders signup is in violation of the terms and agreement. You are risking not getting any of the promos.

javacodeguy likes this.
  4. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fewtreezy, I didn't see that prohibition in the T&Cs of the giftchain or the Vente-Privee offer. Do you mean this?

"Limit of one (1) registration per person/Eligible Card; if it is discovered that you have registered or attempted to register more than once or have attempted to register/participate multiple times using multiple identities or email addresses, all of your entries will be declared null and void, and any Gift you might have been entitled to receive will not be distributed."

I'm not sure you're correct, but as always proceed with caution and YMMV.

fewtreezy likes this.
  5. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    Andy,

Yep, that's what I meant. I have a friend who called amex multiple times to check on this very issue. The csr's said that was referring to other cardholders, NOT multiple Amex cards (this was my concern as I have 4 cards but not multiple holders). You're absolutely correct, ymmv!

6. gryphon

gryphon Active Member

Status Points:
    Did you have any problems registering multiple cards? When I did this, I got a message that the person was already registered for the promotion but then an email that verified enrollment without any details of which card...thanks

7. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    I registered each of my amexes, my wife and I have 2 each (separate accounts). I did not have a problem doing that. Is that what you are asking? Or, are you saying you are having trouble registering your amex cards, two for the same account? That would be what you do not want to do...

8. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd love to know how many are getting the statement credit over the Kiehl's gift cert. If you can find a cheap item on the site & get the gift cert, that can be a sweet deal.

9. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, in three orders, I've gotten three $5 statement credits. Combined with the $20 first purchase credit I received for each card, that's not too bad. I was hoping for some Kiehl's GCs though. I've got two more tries. I guess we'll see.

10. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good luck! Have you found any cheap items? I checked out the site one or two times.

11. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I've been able to keep my orders to around $25 for items I actually wanted. A lot of the items are very expensive, but there are also a good number at $20 or less. Right now they have Italian cashmere gloves for $25+shipping.

They had Villeroy and Boch glassware last week, so I took care of a couple of Christmas presents for free!

12. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's odd. My additional cardholders were able to register without incident.

13. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like you've definitely taken advantage of the program pretty well so far. I'll have to keep checking to see if I can find an item that is inexpensive & worth buying.

Andyandy likes this.
  14. Bought 10 Walmart gift cards of $25 each--we'll use those for sure in daily life--received a credit statement for each purchase!

MLW20 likes this.
  15. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Finally got more thank a $2 statement credit. So far:

- shoprunner
    - kheils credit
    - $2 stmt credit
    - $2 stmt credit
    - $15 stmt credit

I'm not loading up on gift cards... Only purchasing what I need or can use.

ETA: sorry, this is re: giftchain, only one of these was V-P related.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

MLW20 likes this.
  16. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What kind of credit did you get for buying the Walmart GCs?

17. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I made a purchase a week ago and only got the $2 statement credits.