Ghost availability on LA

Discussion in 'KVS' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Aug 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    It has been pretty bad as of late, sometimes up to CS+ for a request for up to 5 seats (which we know just rarely to never exists in reality), when not even one is available.

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well I've seen 7+ seats available on various LAN flights that were really available.

But the issue here is the underlying data sources, frequently the British Airways website will show space that's open on LAN which is not actually open. The BA call center will not see the space, though that alone is not dispositive. But I've verified many times that space is not visible to BA or AA call centers, even when the agent manually requests the space (it comes back unconfirmed).

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has there been any improvement with LAN availability on KVS? From the time they switched to SABRE until the time my subscription finally lapsed, it was either non-existent or unreliable, so I finally gave up on KVS.

4. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    It would appear so, based on what we have observed.

In any case, the KVS Tool covers all available sources of LA/LP/XL/4M [partner] Award data, so there is no better solution out there.