Getting US DM onto a AA ticket.

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by daninstl, Feb 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know this is sorta a newbie question and may have been sort of answered elsewhere but I have a flight this week that an employer booked for me through AA on AA. I thinks it's an "O" booking code. I have no status with AA but Silver with US. I'm also registered for the current 50% bonus miles promo with both programs. So I assume AA can't see my US status and can't see the promo unless I somehow tie my US DM number to those flights. How can I do this? I assume I might be able to at the ticket counter but I'd like to try to do it before I get to the airport if possible.

2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    From the US Airways website, it looks like you need to add your US number to your AA reservation:

WilliamQ likes this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree but since I didn't book it I didn't provide it at that time. I assume I can call them to get it on there but I would rather do it online.

WilliamQ and MSYgirl like this.
  4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried to add your US number on your AA itinerary? It might let you change it online under "My Trips." If that doesn't work, you might have to call to get it added.

WilliamQ and daninstl like this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good idea so I tried that but did not find anyway to add it under "My Trips".

6. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Under the Passenger Summary choose Add/Edit info in the lower right corner (photo attached, took the snippet from one of my pending flights), look to see if your AA number is already attached. If so, it's in a field you can't change. Looks like a phone call.

Attached Files:

WilliamQ and daninstl like this.
  7. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah my AA number is already attached and no place to add anything else as you suggested. Phone call it is. Thanks.

8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    ;

OK here is the deal. For AA you have to call in every time you have new reservations to get them to add your DM number to those reservations (unless you do at time of booking). They will show up as OW status. Like DM Silver = Ruby status, etc. Weird but I guess that would be easier for them to do in the current system since US will join OW soon. Once they add it will open up the seat selections, etc. for elites.

9. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    semi related question: anyone have issues crediting US flight mileage to BA? i am currently BA Silver/OW Sapphire, and have been avoiding US operated/AA codeshare flights b/c i wasn't sure if the miles would credit properly to BA. also was concerned about tier points credit b/c you cannot see avois tier point earnings on the BA tier calculator page. TIA

ETA: nevermind. i found my answer elsewhere. seems i wouldn't get tier points until after 31 March. glad i avoided booking the codeshare.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    daninstl likes this.
  10. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt it but what was funny is that when I called in to add my DM number to an AA booking. The CSR said "ok your all set it's now showing "Ruby" on the reservation" so I assume if I'm "ruby" because I'm silver level on US that it would credit somehow to OW but most likely not to BA. Also if you booked an AA ticket but want to credit to BA it would have nothing to do with US but who knows. I think the AA IT people just fixed it easily to identify US DM members so the easiest temp fix was to make us "ruby" OW's to get the beni's. Just all speculation on my part of course.

Blue Skye and MSYgirl like this.
  11. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    you are probably mostly correct. this is so convoluted but i get what you meant. it shouldn't be this complicated. LOL! it's all good. :D

daninstl and MSYgirl like this.