Getting To New Zealand: the Ticketing Thread

Discussion in 'Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific' started by ThatJohn, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kia ora and hello!

Well done for starting to plan your trip to New Zealand. It's a long way from just about everywhere, and options can be limited. Should you fly via Australia? Fiji? East, North or Southeast Asia? The USA? Friendly New Zealanders (and foreigners squatting in their country, like me) are happy to help out.

To make threads manageable, please keep this thread for questions and answers on getting to New Zealand, and use the thread on getting around New Zealand for ideas on what to do while you're here.

Thanks!

2. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    [Placeholder for further content that may or may not ever appear. Please enjoy this lovely picture of the Marlborough wine region in the meantime.]

[​IMG]

3. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think my "getting to NZ in economy" blog post might be useful to folks, so I'll link it here too. I keep meaning to do one for business class as well...

kiwi likes this.
  4. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone have any experience with Air Tahiti Nui? Using AA miles from the states to new zealand with a stop over in Tahiti sounds like it could be awesome.

ThatJohn likes this.
  5. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    That does sound awesome! Let us know how you get on with it?