Getting to Alaska

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by michael21, Sep 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Coming out of ORD there is a no stop to alaska but the business classes/first classes seem to be the economy plus style. I have seen some flights from NY to LAX have fully flat beds...Is there an NYC-LAX-ANC option from someone first class like the lie flats?

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You must understand that there is a significant difference between international first / business and domestic first. Domestic first does not typically have "lie flat" seats. The "flat" seats you have seen are probably on the non-stop F seats where there are 3 classes (which I don't believe exist on flights out of ORD). You should look at http://www.seatguru.com/ and look at the pitch etc. on the various classes of service. Domestic first has much more leg room and seat width than "E+" seating.

Once you have looked at seatguru, please let us know if you have more questions.

3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only airline that I can think of that offers a daily, scheduled service with a full-flat product from the East Coast to West Coast is Delta. They fly the 773LR with BE flat-bed seats from ATL to LAX non-stop.

There are "special" flights from JFK to SFO and LAX and United calls theirs "P.S." while American calls theirs "Flagship". The aircrafts that are scheduled to fly these routes have lie-flat seats in First Class and reclining in Business.

If you are paying for this ticket or have tons of miles to burn then I would do JFK-YVR on Cathay Pacific Business or First then YVR-ANC on Air Canada Executive.

guberif and Quasiconvexity like this.