Getting the Best Price for Business Class Long-Haul Flights

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by healinginfluence, Oct 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. healinginfluence

healinginfluence Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not a frequent flyer. I like to take a couple of long distance flights a year. Thanks to this forum, I am learning to maximize the points I get. For those times when I need to buy a business class ticket to say Paris, Africa, India or Asia are there any tips for getting the best price? I have seen sales to Europe over Thanksgiving and bought such a ticket. Soon I will go to Israel and India. Anything I should watch for to get the best price?

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The question is a bit too general, as there are many factors that need to be considered in planning a long-haul trip. The "best price" therefore might not equal the lowest or cheapest price when various other factors a considered; it will be different for different people. If you can define things a bit more (airline/alliance preference, number of stops, and yes, destination) it might get you more useful responses.

edekba likes this.
  3. healinginfluence

Status Points:
    Fair enough. I live in Washington DC and am happy to depart from IAD, BWI or DCA. At the moment I am shopping for a ticket to Tel Aviv. My preference is for Star Alliance because that's where I have accumulated the most points. Does this help?

4. healinginfluence

Status Points:
    And I would like no more than one stop.