Getting seats together

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by mrsmortis, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mrsmortis
    Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here is a problem for you all:

My husband, little girl and I are going to SF from Europe in July. I've just booked the tickets.

My issue is that I'm going LIN-CDG-SFO and my husband and little girl are going LHR-CDG-SFO on Air France metal. On the way out we are all coded as AF so I've been able to get us seats assigned together. On the way back I'm coded as AZ and they are coded as AF and I can't work out how to get us seats booked together. AZ doesn't seem to understand the concept and AF can't book a seat for an AZ ticket even on AF metal.

Any ideas? Is it just that it's too early? If so when will the AZ seats get released so that I can book mine (hubby and daughter have assigned seats)?

Roz.

2. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Usually, accommodations can be made at the gate OR perhaps by calling the airline to see if they can assist if you don't want to leave it up to the last minute.

mrsmortis likes this.
  3. mrsmortis
    Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well since I've tried calling the airline I think it's going to have to wait until check in... At least I'll be Sky Team Gold by then so I'll be able to ask the in lounge checkin agents at LIN to look at it for me.

4. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a suggestion, have you tried "manage your booking" on AF website? If you are booked on AZ, you can call them and ask them fore booking code of AF, it is usually a different set of numbers/letters, and then you would be able to make a seat selection.

Also, don't wait till the airport, try to do online check in 24 hours before hand, you should be able to select you seat.

Cheers,

PedroNY

mrsmortis likes this.
  5. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    To ease concerns at the gate I have, in the past, booked our child in the lone seat, then the gate had little choice (no pax wants to sit by an unattended 5 year old) but to seat us together. Might be too late to do that as I did it when I purchased the tickets, but might be something to think about.

mrsmortis likes this.
  6. mrsmortis
    Original Member

mrsmortis Silver Member

Status Points:
    The problem with travelling with a two year old is that in my experience they won't let you check in online. Which is riduclous for flights when seats don't get assigned until check in because the people who really need seats together don't get to check in until there are none left. (I've had this experience with KLM, Alitalia, and BMI in Europe and Frontier in the US)

However, in this case I'm talking about the check in for the outbound segment and the problem is with the return so hopefully the 10 days between them will give me enough of a buffer.