Getting off flight at Layover City?

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by sharris503, Dec 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking to redeem my Southwest points for a flight to Chicago. It is less points for us to get tickets to Cleveland and then get off at Chicago where we switch planes. Our return flight would also be on Southwest but the departure city would be Detroit. My wife and I always carry-on except for gate checking a stroller and car seat. Booking the tickets to Cleveland would save us about 4,000 points, is it worth the risk especially since we will be flying southwest back home although from detroit.

2. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you can book them as two one ways, it should be fine.

If it is all one ticket, when you don't board your connecting flight, you risk that the rest of your reservations will be cancelled.

daemon14 likes this.
  3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as it is on 2 separate one-way tickets. Southwest is the only airline that actually allows this (hidden city ticketing):

Titans26 and JohnDeere19 like this.
  4. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Earlier this week, they had a 50% off sale to Kansas City where you could fly HOU-DAL-MCI for $60 rt, but the same DAL-MCI leg was $120 rt with the 50% off promo. Thought about this since I would have been in Dallas but didn't know there was a published statement allowing me to do so.

spesalvi likes this.
  5. spesalvi

spesalvi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I am looking for a flight to KC, MO during the weekend of 2/18 the thing is I can only leave Fri night and come back on Sun 2/19