Getting miles for past flights with no e-ticket number

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by FlyingBear, Nov 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I flew on US Airways a few times this year where the miles did not get credited, so I was trying to get the credit through United's website, but apparently need the e-ticket numbers. The problem is that none of the boarding passes I have had the e-ticket number printed, just the PNR. Is there an easy way to find e-ticket number from that or do I have to call US Airways for that? Thanks.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call the airline that issued the ticket. Also, in some cases you can call your credit card company. The e-ticket data is sometimes buried in their data on the transaction. Had that ability with AMEX when I had the same problem couple years ago.

hulagrrl210 and FlyingBear like this.
  3. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is also a process where you can mail it in to United. I had to do that for an Island Air flight that never posted last year. I'm pretty sure there is a missing mileage request form you can print out online so you don't have to write them a letter.

4. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can also try viewing your e-receipt, as it will include your ticket number.

5. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can also check credit card statements AMEX posts them in the statement, im pretty sure if you charged to US/CO Chase card they can look it up as it should be transfered.

6. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately one was TY points redemption and the other one was rescheduled flight code share with Lufthansa. Thanks for replies, will call :( Was hoping for faster online solution, but will wait until 21st century rolls around for that...