Getting fed up with EC emails

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by TravelerRob, Dec 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Contrary to my own personal feelings of how I wanted to not book any tickets on DL at least until next year I found myself having to buy a one-way for next week on DL. Yes, using that horrible thing they call a new website.

Anyway, I've now received three emails in two days touting the benefits of Economy Plus and how easy it would be for me to upgrade to EC. This latest email tells me how easy it is to select EC at booking because Delta has made is *so much easier* to do so. AKA...Delta has made it very easy for those who have to pay for EC to pay them while they book the ticket instead of having to go back into the reservation.

Yesterday's two emails asked me to upgrade to EC - although one of them admitted my DM status gets it for free.

Hey, Delta - I'M ALREADY BOOKED IN EC FOR MY FLIGHTS. Stop spamming me.

I guess someone in DL Marketing has to justify their job. Nothing more than inbox spam IMO.

-Rob

skyvan, viguera, jrp2 and 1 other person like this.
  2. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've gotten the email when I was in F, but I could pay for the seat!!

viguera likes this.
  3. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been getting those too. quite annoying.

USAF_Pride likes this.
  4. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's why they invented the delete key -- just wish I could use it on junk calls.

<lol>

DTWBOB

USAF_Pride likes this.
  5. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let everything go to voicemail and decline every unknown call when it comes in. Delete key appears for voicemail if you have an iPhone :) Wish granted...

-Rob

USAF_Pride and akcae like this.
  6. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    DL has made it very easy to upgrade to EC for a copay. They emailed me too. Every time I check the res, I get another offer.

The only thing is, I'm flying paid BE...so whacha' think? Worth $49 ex-LHR for the EC upgrade?

USAF_Pride likes this.