Getting Diamond Benefits When Redeeming Wife's Non-Status Points?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Explore, Mar 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a Diamond and will be staying with my wife, but we'd like to use her points. How do we assure a Diamond room upgrade and other benefits?

Thanks.....

2. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can book the stay from your account and have the cert issued from hers. Might take a call to the Diamond Desk. Its been 4-5 years since i've had the need to do this.

Had no issues then doing it though. When you arrive at the hotel just make sure to have a print out of your free night cert that gets issued.

3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Or you can just have her make the reservation in your name. You can then add your Diamond number to the reservation.

4. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually do this frequently. Mrs. PedroNY is Gold and I am Diamond. She had plenty of points and we wanted to spend them. I called the Diamond Desk, i gave them my information, and I said that I wanted to take points out of my wife's account (you will need her pin #) and to book in my name, they did it in less than 2 minutes. Points came out of her account, reservation was made in my name, used my Hilton Honnors #. The only downside (or maybe it is not at all), is that your points for the stay will go to you and not to your wife, I don't know if that matters to you or to her. Of course, you can use either your or her AMEX Hilton to pay for any incidentals as those points will go to AMEX account owner's Hilton account. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

PedroNY

5. Chicago Paladin

Chicago Paladin Active Member

Status Points:
    Wow - this is fantastic! I was just wondering about this and was leaning toward an Embassy Suites instead of Hilton since status doesn't matter as much at an ES.

6. sunseeker
    Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone get a credit for the stay in this situation?

7. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, the person who is on the reservation and their Hilton # needs to be conneted to that reservation, you will get the night stay credit.

sunseeker likes this.