Getting Bonuses for both Chase Marriott and Ritz Carlton cards?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by corz123, Apr 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will this be an issue? I had the Marriott card and just got approved for the RC card recently. I see they assigned me the same account number as Marriott rewards and I'm now a gold instead of silver. Question is...will there be a problem getting the 70k points?

foxberg likes this.
  2. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you have a link for that card? 70K and first year fee is waved? I always thought that RC had it's own rewards program and the only link to MR was through the partnership. Are you Gold with both MR and RC?

***EDIT***
    I just read T&C and you definitely won't be getting a $200 GC (if you applied for that 70K + $200 RC GC offer). As far as 70K are concerned, if you get it, most definitely that would be in RC points. And you can also redeem those RC points at the Marriott hotels.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  3. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey. Yes the first year fee is waived with an offer code. I do have $200 in airline in airline incidentals and club upgrades at the RC which I'm already seeing on my account. I was silver w/ MR and was bumped up to Gold as a result of the RC card. I'm just not sure if I'm getting the points and if theres even a distinction since my account # for mr and rc is the same.

4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    That $200 airline credit is standard with that RC card. The offer I mentioned had an extra $200 RC gift card on top of those 70K, but with the annual fee not waved. Usually it's $395 a year. Was that offer for the waver of the fee targeted to you? If not, is that offer code generic? I would get that card for no annual fee just to get to Gold with MR and $200 airline credit (I assume AA is part of the eligible airlines?) and then cancel it at the end.

5. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure I'm allowed to post it here. You can inbox me and I'll see if I can look it up. It wasn't targeted.

foxberg likes this.
  6. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure if AA is part of it. I used it for UA.

foxberg likes this.
  7. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the tip. Regarding the points: "This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing The Ritz-Carlton Rewards or Marriott Rewards® Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer." So, I'm afraid you would not be eligible. But it could depend on when you canceled that MR CC.

8. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    -_- i prob should have made an alternate ritz carlton account?

9. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think that would help. Both CC are from Chase so they know you had MR CC already.

10. craigsphilips

craigsphilips New Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know that we can claim bonuses for both Marriot and Ritz. Good to know. I will keep track of the other possible offers using my giift.

11. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an update, I got approved for this RC card and I was promised 70K bonus despite the fact that I said that already had Chase MR card. I wrote down CS rep's name and if they don't give me that bonus for a spend I'll raise hell.

12. jdra

jdra New Member

Status Points:
    Did you wind up getting the 70k bonus?

13. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. And with $300 in travel reimbursement now (bumped up from the previous $200) I'm definitely keeping this card.