Getting a refund from FB is like pulling teeth!!

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by gmarchetti, Jul 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. gmarchetti

gmarchetti Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked an award in October last year. The card I used has since been replaced, but not cancelled.
    2 weeks ago I called to have the award and tax refunded. They asked for the original card number, which I have on an old statement. 3 calls, 2 emails and 2 weeks later I have not seen a mile or a penny!! Now, FB wants a signed and sealed letter from Chase stating that my card number was replaced, when and why.
    Of course that is totally unnecessary - they can refund to the old credit card number and Chase will take care of it. It has happened before with other frequent flyer accounts and has never been an issue.
    Anyway, I have written to Chase requesting such letter.
    Have you got any suggestions to expedite the procedure? Any way or person I should complain to?

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's no way for a merchant to know about your card replacement business ..... unless you gave them that unnecessary information, right? And they did not properly ignore it as unnecessary, and it's now slowing down the process.

I would try to resubmit a clean request for a refund with no unrelated business. Refuse any requests for bank letters etc, as having nothing to do with your business as hand.

anileze likes this.
  3. gmarchetti

gmarchetti Silver Member

Status Points:
    they wanted to know the cvv code on the old card. I haven't got that any longer, so I had to explain about the number change. Again, none of their business as you say - but they are a pain nonetheless

MX likes this.
  4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only the account number is needed to post a credit, so you would be reasonable to refuse. In fact, giving out the card's exp and cvv #s can be misrepresented as an authorization to debit the account again. You should insist that they post a credit with no further delays and distractions, or you can escalate to your state's Attorney General.

5. gmarchetti

gmarchetti Silver Member

Status Points:
    Progress! I have called the European service center, since I am now traveling in Europe. They refunded the miles. Still no credit for the taxes and fees, though...
    I am trying to call the US number for that, but the cursed thing gets stuck in a loop stating that it cannot recognize my FB number. That's bogus of course, because the number is always the same and works on the website etc... Anyway, I'll write to them once back in the USA and escalate to the AG as you suggest.