Getting a Refund Due to Current Issues

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by schnitzel, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a non-refundable fare on Southwest next week.

I'd like to cancel - I'm not comfortable on their planes at this point.

Anyone know if they'll allow me to cancel and just get my money back instead of credit, given the apparent safety issues?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Assuming that the ticket was purchased directly from Southwest, you should look at their website carefully for any policy statements and then try to call them. If they say no, I would keep the ticket for now, call back, and keep checking for any policy statements. If the problem continues to look bad, there could be a good chance that your flight will be cancelled. Don't cancel until the last chance to get a credit for the ticket.

3. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I put in an email, and they called and told me to try to call customer relations.

I've been trying to call customer relations for a few days, but it's always busy.

Man, they've got problems over there.

4. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish you the best - I had to reaccomodate myself to get home from a trip the day after the incident. The WN phone hold times were too long and the website said the airline was accomodating individuals on other airlines if needed (I had to return for an audit). When I asked for help on the $300+ one-way ticket home, WN's e-mail response was "we're sorry we let you down". I have a copy somewhere still.