Getting a Private Line Agent

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by mowogo, Nov 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a new Diamond, how does one go about getting a private line agent?

canucklehead likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    i don't know if they're currently assigning them to all DIamonds who ask. I would message Gold Passport Concierge here on Milepoint and ask/request one, they'll let you know whether it's possible. I should say that there's huge variability in the quality, helpfulness, responsiveness, etc of the various Private Line agents. The first one that I had was truly awful. The second one (I asked to switch) that I had was out of this world amazing, but is no longer with the company. Current one is somewhere in between, not sure closer to which end of the spectrum yet.

ryandc99, kenbo and canucklehead like this.
  3. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hello!

PM the details of your reservation to us. We're happy to assist you!

Nick B.

4. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had asked a while back and was told they do not do it anymore, so YMMV.

5. tin509

tin509 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just call the Diamond line at 800 858 2875 and request one.

6. retirementdreams

retirementdreams Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have [Edit out] in my address book for diamond line. OOOPS Lost my head there!! thanks for editing out...

7. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was able to request one in the beginning of the year, but it took a lot of back and forth before I was actually assigned a rep. Have a great agent that is currently helping me!

8. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like you just need to convince your agent to add one more member then :p

9. Pegasus
    Original Member

Pegasus Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1. I had the same exact experience. My first PL agent was not so good, then got reassigned to the amazing agent that we lost, now the new agent is no different than the regular agents at the Diamond line. I hardly email or talk to my PL agent any more, I call the diamond line directly 90% of the time.

FriendlySkies likes this.
  10. bta
    Original Member

bta Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just throwing my own experience out here, as I'm a bit frustrated. I had the wonderful agent mentioned above who regularly went beyond the call, and unfortunately lost her job. My current agent is nice, but not nearly as helpful, it seems I hear more about what she can't do for me. Based on these recent interactions, I'm trying to figure out what I should do next.

I'm wondering if I should ask for a new agent, or just manage things on my own and with the Diamond line. I miss KK!

11. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    KK was one of a kind, no doubt. I was recently contacted by someone who has been charged with formalizing and upgrading the personal line program. We spoke for about an hour on the phone. She wasn't around when KK was there. Based on what she heard, it sounds like they want a program that has agents like KK, but with some reasonable safeguards.

I never asked for, nor received, anything of substance that I shouldn't have because of KK. She worked well with the properties on my behalf, and got me the occasional extra upgrade. I'll be thrilled if they start to formalize more of those soft benefits.

Pegasus, bta, gleff and 3 others like this.