Getting a free stay out of an IHG stay!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    With my personal travel patterns, I don’t have much in way of loyalty to a particular hotel chain these days. Yet, I try and concentrate my stays between the IHG hotels, Starwood and Hilton HHonors due to applicable status benefits there, and also because I have reasonably large balances in these programs.

Just this past weekend, I was in Vienna for about 36 hours, and I found a reasonably priced Holiday Inn property which was walking distance from the city centre. I decided to throw in the towel to participate in the IHG Big Win promotion, and this sounded like a good deal to participate and get some inroad into cracking my personal promotion.

However, there was also more possible. IHG is very well known to send out promotions to various members, which can be registered here. These promocodes invariably find their way to FlyerTalk, and I picked all that I could register for from this thread. Some of them work out, some of them don’t. I followed the list in this post, and some of them worked out for me:

1012 ELITE MEMBER NEXT STAY BONUS (Worked)
    1023 WELCOME BACK BONUS (Worked)
    1027 NEW MEMBER BONUS (Worked)
    1037 ELITE MEMBER NEXT STAY BONUS (Worked)
    1038 HP Gold Upgrade
    1041 2,000 BONUS POINTS FOR 60 DAYS (Worked)
    1332 The Big Win (Will post)
    1881 AMBASSADOR ACCELERATOR BONUS (Did not work)
    2169 HCV Fall Rental Giveback
    2369 Aeroplan Fall Fun
    2619 Book Direct 2013 (Did not work)
    2656 WELCOME BACK BONUS (Worked)
    2670 1000 POINT GOLD BONUS (Did not work)
    2785 ELITE MEMBER NEXT STAY BONUS (Worked)
    2954 BUSINESS TRANSIENT OFFER
    3241 HI Resort – Shop, Dine, Entertain
    3825 ELITE MEMBER NEXT STAY BONUS (Worked)
    4041 NEXT STAY BONUS (Worked)
    4648 NEW MEMBER BONUS
    4644 ANNIVERSARY BONUS OFFER
    4709 1,000 BONUS POINTS FOR 60 DAYS
    4777 5000 POINT PLATINUM BONUS
    7637 WEEKEND STAY BONUS
    7641 NEXT STAY BONUS

Here is how the post looked. I got about 28000 IHG points post for this 2 night stay worth 180 Euros, and still, the points from IHG Big Win and some other promos have to post here. Good for almost a Category 5 stay.
    [​IMG]
    Therefore, always check to sign up for the various promotions you can sign up before you go and stay at an IHG property. You definitely will luck out with the little bit of time you’ll spend on the Internet about this.

Live From A Lounge is present on Facebook, Twitter & available via email, RSS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Related Stories

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...