Get to keep our Onepass numbers!

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by mommypoints, Jul 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry if this is already posted somewhere, but in the packet I received in the mail yesterday from Continental regarding the changes to my OnePass Plus Card it clearly stated that "On January 1, 2012, your OnePass account will become a MileagePlus account. Rest assured that your miles are safe and your eight-digit OnePass account number will not change."

A little thing for sure, but I love that I have my Onepass number memorized and would have been a little sad to see it go!

I covered the rest of the info in the packet on my blog, if you are interested feel free to check it out.

Hurray for Onepass numbers sticking around (even if they are now called MileagePlus numbers!).

2. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Phenomenal...considering I can't even remember my MP number

Jubileesmom likes this.
  3. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is good news. I received the packet yesterday but haven't opened it yet.

4. COFlyerCLE
    Original Member

COFlyerCLE Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is awesome! Thanks for posting this.

JRZYSHAWN and rggale like this.
  5. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    Really like this! I can't for the life of me remember my MP number, the OnePass number is ingrained in my brain.

6. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well for me I'm bummed as where I am the keeper of the goalie-family MP accounts (parents & sis), I'm now gonna have to learn (and memorize) their new numbers in addition to my own :(

7. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why? There's no indication that your MP number is going away.

mht_flyer and kwai like this.
  8. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a 1K I couldn't remember my MP number to save my life, but back when I was a CO Silver, it seemed as easy as pie to throw my One Pass number on something. That said, one pass is my only FF# I have off the top of my head.

9. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Being the eternal pessimist I guess ;) as in a perfect world, CO OP numbers would simply merge into MP and everyone's numbers would remain the same but where I haven't heard anything that MP will stay as well...(and I'm just going from my bank merger experiences where the "acquired" bank's customers would have their old a/c numbers valid for roughly 6 months once the systems totally integrated but then they would be changed to have all the bank's customers a/c numbers uniform)

10. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sort of what US/HP did when they merged...they let people keep their FlightFund or Dividend Miles account.

11. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lovely, another step in the wholesale takeover of UA by CO.

kwai and rggale like this.
  12. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Love it!
    OnePass is sooo much easier.

rggale likes this.
  13. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Right, because the nearly complete retention of the MileagePlus program save for the OnePass account numbering system is clearly demonstrative of this. :rolleyes:

sfogate, sithlord and rggale like this.
  14. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some good news indeed :D I like my OP alpha-"Number".

rggale likes this.
  15. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not good news. I know my MP #, don't know my OP #. I always have issues when I call in and seem to be routed to the regular line because I am apparently a little challenged entering the alpha numeric combo on my bb and when I speak the # verbally, it keeps asking me for it and then gives up and routes me to the regular and not elite line. Then I get frustrated, call UA and asked to be transferred.

Please keep both #'s. :)

16. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    no one said they were not keeping both numbers,or that your merged account you can pick which one you want possibly.

kwai likes this.
  17. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    My alpha OP number starts with "UA". I knew years ago UA would be merging with CO :p

I'm a little surprised the OP numbers are staying considering MP is the far bigger program based on number of enrollees. Maybe they plan on just operating both systems side-by-side for a while and then eventually one of them will have to give up their numbers?

-RM

18. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    The one you use often is the easier one. Anything else is completely irrelevant and biased.

While I share your increasing pessimism as we've moved forward from Day 1, there's no indication that MP #s are going away. The mailing received by the OP could simply be an indication to OP account holders because of past announcements that the FFP would be MP. If I were to receive something telling me that MP numbers are going away I'd not be happy.... because of nothing more than habit.

bez7 and goalie like this.
  19. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA 1K here... know my MP #... and so does my browser (!) We'll both be willing and able to learn a new number should the need arise. Seriously, folks... there used to be a time when we all knew a dozen or three phone numbers by heart (well, at least those of us who were around before the invention of cellphones and speed dial). There are lots of things in this merger that I am not happy about, but this is a change I just don't care about.

bez7, kwai, ArizonaGuy and 1 other person like this.
  20. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    We should have a choice whether to keep MP or OP account numbers.

21. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I mostly agree. I think letters are more difficult to speak and understand than numbers. This can be difficult during a phone conversation even if both people are native English speakers. I'm trying to learn the NATO alphabet right now, just in case. ;)

22. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I know them both, couldn't care less. But to have letters in a membership number makes phone recognition systems a nightmare. Always a pain callin AA and CO and say or type your numbers without doing it up to 3 times

bez7, LETTERBOY and JLSocks like this.
  23. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The gal at the old White Plains ticket office use to make fun of me and others that had our numbers memorized. :D

SC Flier likes this.
  24. Pat89339
    Original Member

Pat89339 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would be very unhappy to lose my MP number since I have had it from the creation of the program and it is engrained in my brain. But I will wait until an official announcement before I start wringing my hands and wailing. I don't have a CO number at all.

Jubileesmom likes this.
  25. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just recently got a OnePass number too and linked the accounts.I have had the MP number for years. I did get status linked between the two and that has worked out ok but? I'm just wondering if they will try an give me a new MP number next year when they switch over and I will end up with two? Supposed to be linked, I would hope they would just merge whatever together into one, whichever type number system they choose to use but? After recent events, I am afraid:eek::D Had to laugh. Today when I boarded my UAX flight out of STL to ORD, the GA just stood and stared at the boarding pass which was issued by CO as I came from a CO flight out of CLE. I was going to ask "What's a matta? Haven't seen a CO boarding pass before? LOLOL What I really think was happening is that she wanted to give me grief for trying to board with the "status" passengers. Wanted to make sure I had said status. Geesh.