Get Points Back promo (30% point rebate on Premium or Points & Money rewards)

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    https://hiltonhhonors.com/RewardsPromo/GetBackPoints.aspx?cid=OM,HN,PointsBack,Featured

The Hilton HHonors™ program is better than ever – now you can use your HHonors points to book any room, anytime, anywhere, including our most luxurious rooms and suites.* And when you sign up for the Points Back offer you’ll get 30% of your points back when you use one of these exciting new hotel rewards:1
    • Premium Room Rewards – Use points to book our best rooms, from a spectacular ocean-view to a penthouse suite.2
    • Points & Money Rewards™ – Enjoy a reward stay faster using a combination of points and money to book a standard room. Availability varies by hotel, season and day of the week.3
    To get points back in your account, just sign up and book by January 31, 2012, then complete your stay by June 30, 2012. Now your points can take you to incredible new places.

Thanks to Embassy. at FT for the heads up.

Kalboz, deant, jmrich1432 and 2 others like this.
  2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI: The Drake and TheWit in Chicago both have a lot of "premium reward" rooms which are priced the standard room.

In January and February, I found junior suites at TheWit for 35-38k points (compared to 50k for standard room). At the Drake, rooms were as low 28k (again, compared to 50k as a category 7 hotel). This is before the 30% rebate, so it's a great deal for this Chicago properties.

3. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the promo. Was able to lock in the upgrade I wanted for only 3500 extra points because of it.

uggboy likes this.
  4. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If y'all see Premium Room Rewards which are priced lower than the Standard Rewards, will you post them here with the hotel and date? I'm looking for vacation ideas :)

5. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got this promo via email as well and thought of hotels where rates are low which tends to lead to lower points for the premium rooms (sometimes under the standard award too).

Probably not a bad idea for going to a higher category hotel during non-peak season.

tomphot likes this.
  6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Just rebooked a stay at Hawaii HWV for May. Normal room rate is 50K per night (less with VIP or AXON) and the "premium" room can normally be booked for 36-46,000 points per night. Less than even the VIP or AXON rate.

So if you get 30% back, it becomes a fantastic deal at only 24,000 points per night.

tomphot and wheat27 like this.
  7. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now if only the grand Wailea had similar pricing for rewards.

tomphot and Tenmoc like this.
  8. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    This promo may just be up my alley. I'd been thinkin' about a coupla Waldorfs before the promo came out. If that doesn't work, there's always Hampton. Here's looking at you, kid.

Registered from the email I received.

tomphot likes this.
  9. Acker

Acker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent. I'll be at Conrad Bangkok and Hong Kong using Points & $ in January. It's been a long week but I'm pretty sure 12,240 points & $58 per night for standard room is better than switching to just points @ 24,857 per night for a premium room (my figures reflect 30% off the HH point rate). As diamond I assume I'll be on exec floor as in the past.

Tenmoc likes this.
  10. tomphot

tomphot Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm staying there as well at the end of the month. The room was so cheap, $130 per night, that I decided it wasn't worth using points.
    Now our point stay on Koh Samui is another story.

11. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just booked Hilton Perth with Points+Money, 3 rooms, 2 nights, 28,000+$66/night (after points back)! Much better than where I was staying in Perth....

Although I am Diamond with HHonors, I mostly stay in Hamptons and Embassy Suites (the places work takes me don't usually have anything nicer....) and when I do stay elsewhere I'm always by myself or traveling with other Diamonds/Golds. I was just wondering what I should expect at the Hilton Perth? Does it matter that I booked 3 rooms or that they're awards? Any chance I will still get an upgrade for one of the rooms? What about Executive floor access?

Any information would really help! This is the first time I've booked an award with Hilton and the first time I will be checking all booked rooms in under my HHonors account.

Thanks, MP!

Kalboz likes this.
  12. modernhaus

modernhaus Active Member

Status Points:
  13. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if Points and Cash stays booked prior to the promo's start date would qualify for the rebate? Of course, I registered subsequently for the promo. Here are the T&C and I don't think they address the issue:

This offer is valid for Points & Money Rewards™ reservations or Premium Room Rewards reservations booked before January 31, 2012 ("Booking Period") with a check-in date between December 7, 2011 and June 30, 2012 (“the Promotional Period”). Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/PointsBack during the Booking Period to be eligible for this promotion. “30% points back” means 30% of the points used to book a Points & Money Rewards reservation or a Premium Room Rewards reservation will be credited back to your HHonors account after your stay is completed. The 30% does not apply to the money used for Points & Money Rewards. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account. Stays extending beyond the Promotional Period will be eligible for each night of the stay for the 30% points back as long as the check-in occurs on or before June 30, 2012. Changes to existing Points & Money Rewards reservations or Premium Room Rewards reservations after the Booking Period has ended are still eligible for the 30% points back as long as the stay begins within the Promotional Period. This offer not available for Standard Room Rewards or Room Upgrade Rewards.

14. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am planning to use points Jun 26 - Jul 4 at the HWV. it says stays must complete by June 30. Does anyone know if this will work? I plan on calling them after the holidays to get this all worked out. Also is it a "rebate" where the points will be put back into your acct after the stay or is it a reduction of required points at booking?

15. Acker

Acker Silver Member

Status Points:
    The way I understand it, if the promo ends June 30, it ends June 30. Your July 1-4 stay won't qualify. Your June nights will.

16. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyway, I can confirm how this will work. I just stayed at Conrad Hong Kong Dec 22-24 on Points and Money, and below is the HH activity that just posted for that stay. The 30% points back post right away with all else, rather than after the usual 6-8week wait. Also note I that got points only on incidentals.

GET POINTS BACK PROMO BONUS - Conrad Hong Kong 15,000 0 25-Dec-2011
    AMEX CO BRAND ONLINE BOOKING BONUS - Conrad Hong Kong 500 0 25-Dec-2011
    Base Points - Conrad Hong Kong 282 0 25-Dec-2011
    2011 Q4 PICK OFFER - Conrad Hong Kong 282 0 25-Dec-2011
    DIAMOND VIP BONUS - 50% 2011 - Conrad Hong Kong 141 0 25-Dec-2011
    50% BONUS ON BASE POINTS - Conrad Hong Kong 141 0 25-Dec-2011

I'm just about to check out of the Waldorf=Astoria on the Bund in PVG, where I just stayed for 4 days on a Premium Reward that consumed nearly 250K points. It is an absolutely incredible property and I would have been satisfied with the stay, but to get back 30% of the points on top of it all makes this one of the more rewarding stays I have had. A trip report coming up soon!

deant likes this.
  17. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    I decided not to roll the dice hopin' for a complimentary upgrade on an award stay from a standard room in a particular case.

A HGI: 30,000 points for a King bed. 41,404 points (huh?) for the King bed 1 bedroom suite. :cool:

King bed was $142 + T, the King 1 BR suite was $161 + T.

Kalboz and deant like this.