Get 8K Miles for Hating Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by MX, Jul 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.hatethousandmiles.com/
    You can choose another airline to hate, but the 8,000 miles will still go to your Spirit account.
    "...it's a cheap seat for a cheap ass..." (new slogan from their promo video) :D

vickers, daninstl and Newscience like this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only thing bad about this promo is the that miles expire fairly quickly so I'd not like I can take advantage and then wait until some distance day to redeem, etc.

Second thought is go ahead and grab the 8k miles, then apply for the BofA Spirit Mastercard for at least 15k (unless you can find a better link). That will give you 23k miles which is only 2k short of a round trip Spirit Mastercard rate redemption in region 4 so that is anywhere they fly including South America. I know it’s a long haul on Spirit but it’s a great deal. On top of that they have a deal going on right now where you can buy the other 2k points you need for $48.38 at a 30% off sale. Figure by the time you pay for bags you might have $100 all in. Now I'm not sure about availability and you will have to wait to get the points posted but it seems like a great deal. You could also do this with your spouse or friend so you each can go at this price.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    MX likes this.
  3. kevindavis338

kevindavis338 Active Member

Status Points:
    How long do Sprint miles last?

MX likes this.
  4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    90 days without activity

MX likes this.
  5. kevindavis338

kevindavis338 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you..

6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can get "activity" through taking surveys with them, shopping through their portal or putting spending on the Spirit credit card. Besides flying with them of course.