Get $2.50 back on every UA itinerary booked on .bomb

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by iceman77_7, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. iceman77_7
    Original Member

iceman77_7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those looking for an extra discount on their UA trips, fatwallet.com will give you $2.50 back on every United itinerary you book. Simply click on their FW cashback link and then proceed to book the itinerary as usual. I've done this for about a year now and have had no issue getting $2.50 back on my trips. This is in addition to whatever perks you would normally get for paying with a UA MP Visa, etc. Quick and painless.

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great deal. This actually may give me an excuse for signing up for FW

3. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ebates also has a similar deal with $2.00 cash back. Ebates also has percentage bonuses for Orbitz and Marriott among others. If anyone is planning on signing up for EBATES, send me a PM and I'd be happy to provide my e-mail address for the referral (full disclosure: we'd each earn $5.00 in our account if you use me).

Xyzzy likes this.
  4. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that's pretty cool!

5. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The C:eek: travel club gives you $5 per reservation made on Continental.com, but you have to pay $25/year...

6. ifly153
    Original Member

ifly153 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip!

7. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope that continues! Looking at my confirmation emails, I could have made at least $250, if not $300.

8. Sean
    Original Member

Sean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully this will transition over the UA.com come "Customer Day One" in October!

FriendlySkies likes this.
  9. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be awesome if they continue the program after the merger... Right now it is not really worth it for me because I am booking my trips all over the place... Once both airlines merge I will book alm;)st everything on the new United site.

Travel club is a great program...

10. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have we settled the issues with booking UA flights on CO.com, such as UDU, etc? If I book UA flight through CO, and sign up for the travel club, can I still earn $$, or does it have to be a CO itin?

11. ifly153
    Original Member

ifly153 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm 5/5 UDU for UA-metal booked as CO.com codeshare. If I clear at 100 hours, I can choose seats right away. If I'm waitlisted, .bomb doesn't show upgrade waitlisted and instead it just disappears. But if I call 1k line, they confirm they see a double-booking with F waitlisted. When I get to the gate, I'm on the list and the GA cleared me. I even had a successful upgrade from an equipment swap.

12. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    mrrebates.com offers 1% back for expedia and orbitz purchases and 2.5% back for travelocity.

I do not know the extent to which such purchases limit EQM earning and elite benfit accruals, however.

13. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do be careful with Marriott purchases through ANY third party - not just priceline and hotels.com. A one night stay pucahsed through mrrebates.com - which "directs" you to marriott.com like ebates got me NO points and NO night credit.

14. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've booked literally hundreds of Marriott nights going through ebates and have never had a problem getting my cash rebate or my MR points (been Platinum with them for the last 5 or 6 years). I've never heard of mrrebates but I've been using ebates for a long time and have never had any issues with any merchant.

Xyzzy and jfhscott like this.
  15. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like I will use ebates next time! Thank you for the datapoint.

16. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chase has something through Chase Rewards which offers travel cash-backs - not as good at FW (and I used FW all the time - but I ALWAYS forget to do this - so thanks for the reminder!)

17. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    No problem at all......my previous offer to be an ebates referral for anyone who wants to sign up still stands.

18. Biu
    Original Member

Biu Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you want to compare which cashback sites offer more for your merchant, try evreward or cashreporter. Or, follow this other cash back thread for some other suggestions!

19. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've always had issues with Marriott nights booked through ebates not earning the cash rebate. The Marriott Rewards points always post, but the cash never does.

On the other hand, I've had a lot of reservations at Holiday Inn Express locations booked through ebates that have always had the cash rebate posted with no issue.

20. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I use ebates with Marriott, I typically will use the link for the sub-brand for which I'll be staying. Ebates has clickable links for JW Marriott, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, etc. so I just use the appropriate one. I also make sure to close ALL my browser windows, open ebates, and then click the link. Never had a problem with the rebate posting using this method.

21. DrG
    Original Member

DrG Gold Member

Status Points:
    For finding cash back on Fatwallet or ev'reward, I use their bookmarklets. Drag the bookmarklet to the quick bookmarks bar in firefox and click it while on a webpage (ie. United.com).

FatWallet NOW! Bookmark - http://www.fatwallet.com/fwnowsetup.php
    ev'reward Bookmarklet - http://evreward.com/about/bookmarklet

Quick, easy way to always ensure you're getting the best cashback. Give it a try!

22. Where2next?
    Original Member

Where2next? Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the excellent tips... with Marriott via FW, I've also found that any change made to the reservation- e.g. extending, invalidates any cashback- even for the parts of the original booking that remained intact. So now, if I'm not sure how long my stay will be, I make extra single-day extentions.
    Also, Priceline via FW was an excellent 4.5% on air... but this excludes First fares, even if it's an upgradable coach fare or "A".

synd and Pat89339 like this.
  23. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somehow, Upromise rarely gets mentioned for cashback, but for those of us with 529 accounts for our soon-to-be-out-of-the-nest offspring (!), that's another place for .bomb, Big O and other travel (as well as regular shopping) purchases to give back a bit. If you are new to Upromise, though, REMEMBER that you must use a CC registered to your Upromise account to get the cashback. (In contrast, for example, with fatwallet, for which you can use any card.) So, register up to 10 cards first, wait a bit, then shop.

24. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I generally prefer FW over eBates. There's no BS minimum withdrawal requirement and FW pays out via PayPal within 24 hours. I've been an FW member for years and have had good experiences with them. Remember, FW pays out $2.50 per ticket booked, which means if you can book two one-ways, that's $5.

Also, if you're booking simple tickets (i.e. not using eCerts), Orbitz and Expedia both pay $3/ticket via FW. Again, another good opportunity to book OWs instead of RTs...

iceman77_7 likes this.
  25. eap
    Original Member

eap Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had in-my-favor issues with the Fat Wallet referral bonus from United.com: more tickets have been credited to me than tickets I've booked.